Ozzy Osbourne Cancels More Tour Dates As He Battles Pneumonia


Ozzy Osbourne has cancelled more tour dates as he recovers from pneumonia.
The rocker was forced to postpone his upcoming European tour last month after he came down with the flu and bronchitis, and he was subsequently hospitalised with the flu earlier in February.
He was due to perform in Australia, New Zealand and Japan in March, but on Tuesday morning , his team released a statement and a quote from his wife and manager Sharon Osbourne on his Twitter account revealing that he was now battling pneumonia and would be scrapping the tour to give himself time to recover.
“‘Ozzy recently developed pneumonia & has spent some time in hospital. He is through the worst part,’ says @SharonOsbourne. ‘His doctors have advised that he stay at home to recuperate for full 6 weeks’” the statement concluded.
The former Black Sabbath star had been due to play the Download Festival in Sydney and Melbourne in Australia and in Chiba, Japan in March, as well as dates in Christchurch and Auckland in New Zealand.
Sharon told her co-stars on TV show The Talk that his condition was improving last week.
“He is doing great, he is out of ICU,” she said. “He’s doing good, he’s breathing on his own… He’s doing good, he really is… I just want to say a huge thank you to everybody that has reached out. He’s overcome by the response that he’s had. It’s kind of bittersweet because he so overwhelmed with it, but he’s sad too.”
The 70-year-old spent time in the hospital at the end of last year after contracting a staph infection that required surgery on his hand.
His No More Tours II trek is now set to resume in Atlanta, Georgia in May. The European dates have been rescheduled to September.